Students in Loddon receive their GCSE results
GCSE students at Langley School, in Loddon, were celebrating this morning as they received the best ever results at the private school.
A total of 95pc of pupils achieved five A* to C grades, including maths and English, an increase of 4pc, while 78pc managed five A* to C grades in any subjects, a rise of 1pc.
Headteacher Dominic Findlay said: 'We are so pleased for all the students and staff on achieving these super results, gaining 95pc five A*-C is a wonderful achievement, and is our best ever, and these will now allow the students to progress on to their next stage of education with confidence. Well done to them all.'
One particular success story was Ella Viale-Sole who received 7 A*s and 3 As.
Meanwhile at Hobart High School in Loddon marks saw a tumble from last year's results.
You may also want to watch:
The number of students receiving five A* - C grades was 70pc, 10pc lower than last year, while the number achieving five A* - C including English and maths was 57pc, which was 13pc lower than last year.
Headteacher Sam Griffin said: 'This is an excellent set of results for this year group which reflects the hard work of students and the support they have received from staff and parents.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR