UEA releases name of student, 20, who was found dead in his room
- Credit: Archant
A student who died in his accommodation at the University of East Anglia (UEA) has been named.
Jess Fairweather, a first-year law student, was found in his room on Thursday, October 11.
The 20-year-old had only been at UEA for a few weeks but the university said he had already made a positive impression.
In a statement it said: 'He stood out as a student who was engaging, very bright and was making a real contribution both academically and as a member of the student Law Society.
'He had made a number of friends in the short time he was at UEA and his loss is felt across the School of Law and the rest of the university.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fairweather was a former pupil at Paston College, in North Walsham, and North Walsham High School.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and the coroner has been informed.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
The UEA has offered support to staff and students.