STRIKES: Norfolk and Suffolk schools close
Parents across the region will be coping with the prospect of school closures and a lack of childcare this morning.
Norfolk County Council has been informed of 224 full or partial school closures.
A significant number of Suffolk's schools have also closed with parents making alternative arrangements.
Prime minister David Cameron has called for parents to take their youngsters to work with them but those who are not keen on their offspring spending the day in the office may find that last-minute childcare is scarce.
Members of the Universities and Colleges Union (UCU), which represents lecturers and some support staff at the University of East Anglia and at City College Norwich, are also on strike.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Awesome views from the top of 'Hunstanton Eye' big wheel