Strictly Come Dancing stars Natalie Lowe, Jay McGuiness and Louis Smith to bring Rip It Up show to King’s Lynn
- Credit: PA
Strictly Come Dancing star Natalie Lowe has announced she will be touring with two of the show's former celebrity champions now she has left the competition.
Dancer Lowe, 36, recently said she would retire from the BBC contest, which she first joined in 2009, and has now revealed she will star in a stage show with Jay McGuiness and Louis Smith.
Former The Wanted singer McGuiness won Strictly Come Dancing in 2015 with partner Aliona Vilani and Olympic gymnast Smith won lifted the glitterball trophy in 2012 with partner Flavia Cacace.
Rip It Up will see the trio swing, bop, jitterbug, lindy hop, jive and ballroom to the sounds of the 1950s along with a cast of dancers and it will visit King's Lynn on October 20 with a performance at the Corn Exchange.
It has been created by the producers and director of last year's smash tour Remembering Fred, which stars Strictly pros Janette Manrara and Aljaz Skorjanec.
You may also want to watch:
Lowe said: 'To be able to work with these two incredible Strictly champions and choreograph routines with them to the music from music's greatest decade is something we are all very excited to be working on.
'Together, we will dance through some of the most fantastic songs ever created.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
Rip It Up will also feature Radio 2's Leo Green and his 1950s band, playing hits including La Bamba, Reet Petite, Unchained Melody, Mambo Italiano, Hound Dog, Shout and Magic Moments.