Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice heads to Lowestoft on final tour night
- Credit: Archant
Strictly Come Dancing favourite Giovanni Pernice is heading to Lowestoft for the final night of his UK tour.
The TV heartthrob is bringing his Il Ballo è Vita show to the Marina Theatre on Sunday, July 23, after four months on the road.
Il Ballo è Vita, which translates as Dance is Life in Italian, opened in April to rave reviews. Fans have been flocking to theatres across the country and the show has already been hailed a big success, receiving standing ovations at every venue so far.
Directed and choreographed by BBC's Strictly Come Dancing creative director Jason Gilkison, it also features Strictly troupe dancer Luba Mushtuk along with a cast of dancing professionals.
Among these is Australian Dianne Buswell, who has been announced as one of three new Strictly professionals for the 15th series of the BBC One show due to hit screens in September.
You may also want to watch:
Packed with fun, humour and the dance moves which made him a star, it tells a love story set in a Sicilian café bar.
Audiences can look forward to a host of classic dances including the quickstep, samba, rumba, paso doble, Argentine tango, and Giovanni's signature move, the jive.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
In between his energetic dance performances, Giovanni also gives an insight into his life and experiences.
'I'm really enjoying my first tour of the UK,' he said. 'The title translates as 'dance is life' and this is very important to me as it really is very true. 'For me, dancing is my life and I am very lucky that I now have the chance to share my passion with audiences across the country.'
Sicily-born Giovanni rose to fame when he joined the show in 2015 as dance partner to Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote. The pair went all the way to the grand final, and he returned for last year's series with Laura Whitmore, getting as far as week seven.
Tickets for the Lowestoft show cost £25, or £24 for concessions, with a VIP meet and greet for £40.
To book, call the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk