Street food event to debut at Norfolk Food and Drink Festival
- Credit: Simon Finlay
Norwich's first celebration of street food will take place next month as part of the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival.
Tapping into the growing popularity of street food, the event will see specialities from around the world prepared using local ingredients in front of customers.
Former restaurateur Tony Lacey of Mr T's Catering, who teamed up with Alex Cooper of Nom Catering and Lisa Carnell of Hushwing Cafe to devise the event, said he hoped Feast on the Street would showcase the vibrancy and creativity of the street food movement.
'Street food brings a whole world of food all in one place, so you can sample dishes you perhaps wouldn't have considered before,' he said.
The event will be held at the Forum on September 5 and 6, between noon and 8pm, and feature 20 different speciality foods. Organisers hope the event will inspire people to take an interest in where their food comes from, and it could be repeated on a monthly basis if it proves popular.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk Food and Drink Festival runs from August 31 to October 6.
See www.feastonthestreet.co.uk for more details.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk