Street banquet in Limpenhoe celebrated the Queen’s birthday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Flag-waving festivities were top of the bill in Limpenhoe last weekend, as a street banquet to celebrate the Queen's birthday went off with a bang.
A crowd of 83 turned out for the party, which was aptly themed to red, white a blue.
There were prizes for best-dressed adult, best-dressed child, and best crown - and plenty of traditional games to play too.
Organiser Pat Bennett said: 'It all went very well indeed. Everyone had a good time, it was really relaxed.
'We were very lucky with the weather because it rained in the morning and in the evening but not during the day.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bennett said guests arrived around 3.30pm and played games, before sitting down for a homemade feast an hour later.
In the background old-fashioned music accompanied the meal.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
Although the total figure wasn't known, ticket money will go towards the upkeep of the village hall.
Mrs Bennett added: 'I just want to than everyone for coming.'