Strawberry party at North Walsham’s Beechwood Hotel raises cash for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A strawberry tea held on a sunny summer afternoon has raised £2,100 for Breast Cancer Care.
The annual event was held on the lawns of North Walsham's Beechwood Hotel and was attended by 120 guests who tucked into scones baked by chefs at the hotel and Norfolk strawberries supplied by local farmers.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb drew the first prize ticket in the raffle which was a Fortnum and Mason hamper packed with food.
Partners at the hotel Don Birch and Lindsay Spalding organised the event. Mr
Spalding said: 'It's been an amazing day. We have been blessed with fabulous
You may also want to watch:
weather and we are delighted to have raised so much money. We would like to thank
all those who have supported this event and Breast Cancer Care.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy