Emergency services called to crashes across county
- Credit: Google
Emergency services are dealing with a number of collisions on Norfolk's roads, including one which put a motorcyclist in hospital.
Police were called at around 7.30am to reports of the collision between a van and a motorbike in Stradsett.
The motorcyclist has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the van driver has been checked over by paramedics at the scene.
Fire crews from King's Lynn, Thetford and Swaffham were called to the scene of the collision by the Foldgate Inn, at the junction of the A1122 and A134, and helped to make the scene safe.
A Norfolk police spokeswoman said the road remains closed, police officers are still on scene and recovery services have been requested.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were also called at 8am to a single-vehicle collision in Frettenham Road in Horstead, where a Mercedes A Class had rolled.
The driver is not thought to have been injured in the collision. A fire crew from Sprowston attended to make the scene safe.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
Meanwhile fire crews from Downham Market and King's Lynn were called to a collision in Bexwell in west Norfolk just after 7.30am. Firefighters used hydraulic equipment to release one person who was trapped in a vehicle.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said on Twitter that it was dealing with 'a high number of collisions' this morning after roads were left icy and foggy following another night of sub-zero temperatures.
Motorists have been warned to take care on the roads and to clear their vehicles completely before setting off.
Check the EDP traffic map before you travel.