‘You should have seen her face’ - Norfolk singer commissioned to perform at surprise proposal
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk musician has taken her music to new heights to soundtrack a unique proposal.
On February 20, singer and guitarist Stewart Hull from Stoke Holy Cross was part of a special proposal on the London Eye after receiving a call from a gentleman named Gabriel to help in asking his girlfriend, Susanna, to marry him.
Mr Hull said: "It went great, everything went according to plan. It was like clockwork."
Gabriel had met with Mr Hull and the photographer before Susanna arrived. A cover story was in place so as not to ruin the surprise and they were told to pretend to be work colleagues who had won a raffle prize for the ride.
Susanna believed the story entirely, thinking Stewart had bought his guitar along for a bit of fun.
You may also want to watch:
They boarded the private pod and Stewart was told to wait a few minutes before starting to sing. He began with 'Can't Help Falling in Love' and at the top of the wheel, Gabriel got down on one knee.
Mr Hull said: "You should have seen her face, it was all very emotional. And of course, she said yes."
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old