Stody Lodge Gardens to host ‘Big Gay Out’ in support of LGBT+ community
- Credit: Archant
Stody Lodge Gardens is to host a 'Big Gay Out' in support of Norfolk's LGBT+ community.
The event will take place inside the 14-acre gardens, near Holt in North Norfolk, in May this year.
Norwich Pride has been involved in the event's development and will serve rainbow cakes and homemade teas to visitors.
All proceeds from the tea rooms will go to help fund Norwich's 10th anniversary Pride event on July 28, 2018.
Richard Hulbert, head gardener at Stody Lodge Gardens, said: 'As a gay man I am especially proud to be sharing the gardens that I love with everyone in our community. We hope this event will inspire other similar LGBT+ events in rural areas to celebrate diversity in different ways.'
You may also want to watch:
The Stody Big Gay Out will take place on Saturday, May 26.
• For all opening times and visitor information, visit: www.stodylodgegardens.co.uk
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut