Stody Lodge Gardens to host ‘Big Gay Out’ in support of LGBT+ community
- Credit: Archant
Stody Lodge Gardens is to host a 'Big Gay Out' in support of Norfolk's LGBT+ community.
The event will take place inside the 14-acre gardens, near Holt in North Norfolk, in May this year.
Norwich Pride has been involved in the event's development and will serve rainbow cakes and homemade teas to visitors.
All proceeds from the tea rooms will go to help fund Norwich's 10th anniversary Pride event on July 28, 2018.
Richard Hulbert, head gardener at Stody Lodge Gardens, said: 'As a gay man I am especially proud to be sharing the gardens that I love with everyone in our community. We hope this event will inspire other similar LGBT+ events in rural areas to celebrate diversity in different ways.'
The Stody Big Gay Out will take place on Saturday, May 26.
• For all opening times and visitor information, visit: www.stodylodgegardens.co.uk
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm