Stinger used to stop speeding Ford Fiesta on Sweet Briar Road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A stinger was used to stop a speeding Ford Fiesta after it failed to stop for police in Norwich.
Police deployed the spike strip, which is used to puncture tyres, on Sweet Briar Road following a five-minute pursuit.
Officers gave chase when the blue fiesta was spotted driving over the speed limit on Mile Cross Road shortly before 11pm on July 19.
The driver left the vehicle, but was arrested a short distance away.
A 39-year-old man, of no fixed abode, has been charged with dangerous driving, failing to stop, drug driving, having no insurance and no test certificate in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on August 17.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000