Stinger used to stop speeding Ford Fiesta on Sweet Briar Road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A stinger was used to stop a speeding Ford Fiesta after it failed to stop for police in Norwich.
Police deployed the spike strip, which is used to puncture tyres, on Sweet Briar Road following a five-minute pursuit.
Officers gave chase when the blue fiesta was spotted driving over the speed limit on Mile Cross Road shortly before 11pm on July 19.
The driver left the vehicle, but was arrested a short distance away.
A 39-year-old man, of no fixed abode, has been charged with dangerous driving, failing to stop, drug driving, having no insurance and no test certificate in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on August 17.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working