Still time to audition for Gorleston Makes Music seafront event
- Credit: Gorleston Rotary
Time is running out for singers and musicians to showcase their talent at a Norfolk seafront music event.
The annual Gorleston Makes Music event sees performers entertain picnic-style crowds at the resort's bandstand.
There are cash prizes for the winning acts, but the deadline for entering auditions is fast approaching - Friday, June 30.
Organisers Gorleston Rotary Club are keen to attract a wide range of acts from solo and shanty singers to choirs and rock bands.
The competition offers a £250 winning prize, with £100 and £50 for second and third.
You may also want to watch:
The other three finalists get £25.
Auditions are on Thursday, July 13 at East Norfolk Sixth Form College from 4pm to 8pm.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
Finals day is on Sunday, August 20 at 1pm.
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30.
Entries aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.