Norwich weight loss coach who shed 6st in six months up for Slimmer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich who lost 6st in just as many months is through to the finals of a national slimming competition.
Steve Little went from 20 to 14 stone over six months in 2016 and has since opened his own Slimming World group in Norwich.
The 33-year-old started the group in January of last year after developing a passion for helping others lose weight. He trained as a consultant and now coaches others to achieve their target size.
'My weight was affecting my health and my self-confidence and I knew I needed to make a change. Not only did I lose weight but I got a brand new career that I love too.'
Mr Little runs the group every Wednesday at Wensum Junior School.
'Having been a member myself I know exactly how people are feeling, whether that's being wracked with nerves when they walk into the group for the first time, feeling frustrated if they haven't lost as much weight as they expected to, or feeling fabulous when they reach their target weight.'
You may also want to watch:
He is now in the running to be crowned Slimming World's Consultant Slimmer of the Year and will go forward to the national finals at Slimming World's Derbyshire head office in February.
The winner bags a £2,000 prize as well as the national title.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker