Stepping Out Club in Dereham hopes to attract new members and volunteers
- Credit: Submitted
A club for adults with learning disabilities is keen to welcome new members and new volunteers.
The Stepping Out Club has been running in Dereham for nearly 20 years but its numbers have recently dwindled and organisers are sure there must be more people out there who would enjoy its weekly get-togethers and activities which range from the popular bingo nights to quizzes, board games and arts and crafts.
They are keen for members to integrate within the community and organise trips to the coast and support other organisations via sponsored walks. Most importantly, it is a fun club and a great way for people to develop new friendships.
The club is affiliated to Mencap and its secretary Griselda Hubbard said they were trying to reach out to attract more members as soon as possible.
'We are having a 20-year celebration party on July 29 so we would like to have lots more members by then,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
They are also looking for a musician who could spare some time to play and/or sing at the event at the King's Head in Dereham for 30 minutes to an hour.
Members, who must be aged 18 or over, meet every Monday, except for the second Monday of the month, from 7.30pm to 9pm in Church House, Church Street, Dereham and it costs £1 to attend.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
Contact Mrs Hubbard on 01362 693427 or visit www.midnorfolkmencap.org.