Stephen Fry is ‘waiting for followers’ on Matt Hancock’s new app
- Credit: Matthew Usher and Matt Reason
Stephen Fry appeared on Channel 4's The Last Leg on Friday night, where he revealed he has already downloaded an MP's new app.
Matt Hancock, West Suffolk MP and Culture Secretary, announced earlier this month that he has released his own app - named after himself.
On Friday February 2, Norfolk icon Stephen Fry took to The Last Leg sofa to chat with hosts Adam Hills, Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker.
Earlier in the show the three hosts had mentioned Mr Hancock's new app, which has caused recent controversy for the way it makes users share their photos with it, whether or not they have allowed it. They also played a clip of Matt Hancock introducing the app to the nation.
When Mr Fry made his appearance, he was asked whether or not he was 'on Mr Hancock'. He replied that he was, and he had already created his avatar and was 'waiting for followers.'
You may also want to watch:
He did, however, admit that Hancock's colour-scheme choice of 'Facebook blue' was a 'bad sign' for the app.
Matt Hancock later Tweeted that it was 'great to have a national treasure on the app', adding a screenshot of Fry on The Last Leg.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat