Stephen Fry backs Norfolk Day on Twitter
- Credit: Archant
Television presenter and comedian Stephen Fry has given his backing to the first ever Norfolk Day on social media.
Mr Fry, who hails from the county, said on Twitter: 'It's the first ever #NorfolkDay today, so I'm sending my best wishes to Norfolkians far and wide. I'm proud to be from @Norfolk – a county of unique character, difference, beauty and charm. May this year's event be the first of many!'
As well as Mr Fry, the inaugural event has been backed by Norfolk-born television presenter Jake Humphrey, who recorded a specially-devised Love Letter for Norfolk.
Norfolk Day was created by the EDP, Norwich Evening News and BBC Radion Norfolk so residents, charities and businesses could celebrate the best of county and community life.
It has been sponsored by Woodforde's Brewery and Richardson's Hemsby Beach Holiday Park.
Nearly 300 events are taking place today to celebrate the day and #NorfolkDay is one of the top trending topics in the UK on Twitter.
To send in pictures of your Norfolk Day event email email@example.com and to show your support on social media tweet #NorfolkDay.
You may also want to watch:
The pictures will appear online and in a special 24-page supplement to be published within the EDP on Monday, July 30.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner