Search

Factory worker died after collapsing at British Legion Club

PUBLISHED: 11:43 06 March 2020 | UPDATED: 11:57 06 March 2020

King's Lynn coroners court, at Ikon Bishop's House on the Tuesday Market Place  Picture: Chris Bishop

King's Lynn coroners court, at Ikon Bishop's House on the Tuesday Market Place Picture: Chris Bishop

Archant

A 59-year-old factory worker died after he choked on a sandwich, an inquest has heard.

Stephen Dexter was found unresponsive in the toilets of the Royal British Legion Club in King's Lynn on the night of November 24.

Staff gave him CPR until ambulance crews arrived, an inquest into his death was told on Friday.

Paramedics removed a piece of sandwich from his airway before he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Mr Dexter, of Extons Place, had bought a sandwich at the bar before going to the toilet, assistant coroner Johanna Thompson heard.

Mr Dexter was placed on a ventilator in intensive care at the hospital, where he died on November 26.

The cause of death was given as a hypoxic brain injury caused by choking.

Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson, sitting at King's Lynn coroner's court, concluded Mr Dexter's death was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press