Status Quo to perform at the Holkham Estate this summer
- Credit: Archant
Legendary rockers Status Quo will perform at the Holkham Estate near Wells this summer, it was announced today.
The concert, on August 23, will be followed by a Last Night of the Proms concert on August 24.
Status Quo is making a return to Holkham, having previously performed there in 2007, which was also the last time Holkham staged two concerts over a weekend.
The band has recorded more British hit singles than any other group and has total world-wide record sales in excess of 118 million.
The Last Night of The Proms concerts are hugely popular.
You may also want to watch:
The English National Philharmonic Orchestra will be playing some popular classics.
The orchestra will be joined by one of Britain's most versatile sopranos, Clare Ormshaw and acclaimed tenor Lee Bradley.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
Principal ENPO conductor Ben Crick will be in charge of proceedings.
The gates will be open from 5pm and concert-goers can bring their own picnics and soak up the ambience of the park before the musical entertainment gets underway at 7.30pm.
Early booking is recommended for both events. Tickets prices for Status Quo are £35 and for Last Night of the Proms are £29.50 if booked before the end of July.
From August 1 tickets for Status Quo will be £40 and £35 for Last Night of the Proms. Tickets are due to go on sale on April 1 and are available by calling Holkham on 01328 713111 or online at livepromotionsconcerts.co.uk. Further information can be found at www.holkham.co.uk