Status Quo set to rock Norfolk’s Holkham Estate as guitarist Rick Parfitt recovers from illness
- Credit: Archant
Status Quo will be performing at the Holkham Estate in north Norfolk this month it was confirmed today following concerns after the cancellation of shows in Europe.
Guitarist Rick Parfitt was flown home to Britain early this week by air ambulance from Croatia where he had been taken ill, leading to the cancellation of planned European shows up to and including August 10.
But the Status Quo management has today confirmed that Mr Parfitt's condition has improved and the concert at Holkham Hall, near Wells, on August 23 and the show at Clumber Park, Worksop, Nottinghamshire on August 15 will be going ahead.
Status Quo manager Simon Porter said: 'We are all obviously delighted that Rick has made such rapid progress, especially as the band is shortly to unveil another exciting and innovative new project, details of which will be announced in the next couple of weeks.'
An angiogram undertaken as part of various tests done at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London has revealed that one of the grafts inserted during Mr Parfitt's original 1997 quadruple heart bypass had become furred, leading to this current problem.
You may also want to watch:
The situation has been remedied by the insertion of a stent and Mr Parfitt is now recuperating.
To book tickets for the Holkham concert, go to www.livepromotionsconcerts.co.uk.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea