Country park renews 'stay out of the water' plea
- Credit: Chris Bishop
In a statement, Bawsey Country Park said: The owners and staff of Bawsey Country Park would like to offer their sincere condolences to the family and friends of the man who tragically lost his life at the park yesterday.
"Since we took on the park we have worked closely with the relevant authorities including the police and the fire brigade in order to improve the safety of the park.
"We have greatly increased the safety signage around the park and ensured the signs are pictorial so that they are clear for visitors of all nationalities.
"Our warden patrols the site daily and advises people to stay out of the water, and all our refreshment vendors are supplied with throw ropes in case of an emergency.
"We remain committed to improving the park and promoting its safe usage so that it can remain a beautiful natural site for local people to use safely and enjoy for many years to come, but we need our visitors to help us.
You may also want to watch:
"We reiterate our plea for visitors to abide by the park rules and please stay out of the water so that no future tragedies occur."
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region