Stars to shine at Norfolk and Waveney community awards
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Last year's EDP Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards night was the biggest ever held, and this year we're aiming to go one better.
But there are just days left to nominate an unsung hero you know of for a community award.
All the finalists are given praise and congratulations for a job well done, and the winners will receive a gift or experience tailor-made to suit their interests.
It might be an all-expenses paid trip to see a West End show, or a chance to drive a high-performance car at Silverstone.
We see it as our opportunity to 'sprinkle some star dust' and fulfil people's dreams.
Nigel Pickover, Eastern Daily Press editor-in-chief, said he was thrilled with the response to this year's awards so far.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
Mr Pickover said: 'It's a core duty of the local press to celebrate our community's quiet achievers.
'One of the ways we do this is through the EDP Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards.
'It's a brilliant event that shines a light on folk who expect nothing, but give everything in the service of others.
'These ordinary, but remarkable individuals help make our region such a wonderful place to live and work.'
The deadline for nominations is next Friday – October 21. This year's awards night will take place at Sprowston Manor, near Norwich, on December 8.
Anyone you think is worthy can be nominated, and the categories range from Outstanding Bravery, to Team of the Year, to Search and Rescue Person of the Year.
Other categories include Armed Services Person of the Year, Young Person of the Year and Community Group or Champion of the Year.
Mr Pickover added: 'We'd like as many readers as possible to tell us about someone they know who deserves a pat on the back.
'Please do your bit and nominate a 'star' in your community, and we'll do ours by making their dreams come true.'