Stars of Norfolk and Waveney - It takes one minute to give the county’s biggest thank you
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Countless hours are spent by willing volunteers, local heroes and members of our communities to make their area a better place.
The Stars of Norfolk and Waveney seek to honour those who have gone the extra mile with an award and personalised gift.
When someone commits so much time and effort to other peoples lives, a minute to fill in a form to enter our awards seems like nothing.
Poppy George took the time to fill out the form for her grandparents Jean and William George, from Cantley, who spent hours restocking a stall in their garden which raises money for charity.
Even after Mr George had a heart attack and Mrs George was battling cancer they still worked tirelessly repairing electrical items and ironing clothes to sell for charity.
You may also want to watch:
The couple raised more than £70,000 and thanks to Miss George's nomination they were able to be celebrated.
Miss George: 'They do a lot of charity work and they also help to run a Sunday school.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
'My grandad is always helping people do up their bike and are really a strong part of the community.'
Mr George also takes time out of his day to take people who struggle to get around to hospital and doctor appointments.
'They do so much for the local community they don't realise the difference it makes.' Miss George added.
'So I nominated them thinking you never know if it will be them, and they won.'
Unfortunately, Mr and Mrs George were unwell on the night of Stars of Norfolk of Waveney but are looking forward to their gift of a trip to Christmas Spectacular at Thursford.
Nominating is easy and takes just a minute to fill in the form at www.edp24.co.uk/stars.
It only requires 50 words about why your chosen person deserves to be celebrated.
Editor-in-chief of the EDP David Powles said: 'Everyone must know someone who deserves recognition and probably goes unsung.
'Well, what better to do than to sing about their achievements by nominating them for a deserved award?
'It's so simple to do as well.'