Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2019: ‘Inspirational’ awards launched for seventh year
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The EDP's Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards are back! And they are set to be an unforgettable evening as always.
The celebration highlights those often unseen acts of kindness, bravery and selflessness that make our communities so special and from today we want your nominations.
This year's awards, held in partnership with OPEN Norwich Youth Trust for the very first time, will again reward those deserving from Norfolk and Waveney who go the extra mile.
As the annual celebration is launched for its seventh year, EDP and Norwich Evening News editor David Powles said: "These awards remain one of the highlights of the Norfolk calendar and I'm delighted that this year we have OPEN Norwich Youth Trust on board to work with us on them.
"For those nominated it means so much and an evening in which we celebrate the heroism of so many in our communities is the very least they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
"I would urge people to get behind this and put forward their nominations."
John Gordon-Saker, CEO for OPEN Youth Trust, added: "We are excited to be working in association with the Eastern Daily Press and to be hosting the Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards within our venue later this year.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
"Our venue lends itself perfectly to events like these, where we have a dedicated in-house planning, banqueting and tech team to deliver a high quality event which will showcase and celebrate some of the inspirational people living in our community."
All shortlisted nominees will be invited to the ceremony, held at the OPEN Norwich, on Bank Plain, on Thursday, December 5 and hosted by BBC Radio Norfolk's Nick Conrad.
Judges will also announce the winners of a special award and the overall Stars of Norfolk Award on the night. Entries will close on Monday, September 30.
For details of sponsorship packages, all proceeds of which go to the OPEN charity, contact Angela Brett on email@example.com or call 01603 252111.
Entry for this year's 13 categories is now open, with nominations welcomed for:
- Carer of the Year;
- Young Person of the Year;
- Sporting Achievement of the Year;
- Education Champion of the Year;
- Outstanding Act of Bravery of the Year;
- NHS Person of the Year;
- Fire and Rescue Person of the Year;
- Police Person of the Year;
- Community Champion of the Year;
- Team or Community Group of the Year;
- Charity Fundraiser of the Year;
- Cultural or Arts Person of the Year and
- Unsung Hero or Heroine of the Year.
You can also send your completed nomination form to EDP Stars of Norfolk and Waveney, c/o Jessica Frank-Keyes, Eastern Daily Press, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.