Stars including Devon Malcolm, Gordon Greenidge, John Lever and Saqlain Mushtaq set for big match at Cromer
A host of big names from world cricket are set to bowl up to Cromer for the town's biggest ever fixture.
Cromer Cricket Club has struck a deal with the Lashings World XI to play a match at its Overstrand Road ground on August 11 next year.
It will be the first time that the team has visited Norfolk, and the club is set to welcome a galaxy of stars from down the decades of international cricket.
The big news comes a few days after Cromer clinched promotion back to the premier division with a win at Horsford.
Although the line-up cannot yet be confirmed, recent Lashings teams have included:
You may also want to watch:
? England all-rounder Phil DeFreitas
? England fast bowler Devon Malcolm
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
? West Indies opener Gordon Greenidge
? Pakistan spinner Saqlain Mushtaq
? Australian all-rounder Ian Harvey
? England bowler John Lever.
There is also the possibility that pitchside commentary could be provided by Test Match Special commentator Henry Blofeld.
Michael Clarke, who is on the Cromer Cricket Club steering committee organising the big event, said: 'This is a big moment for the club, for the town and for the area.
'Cromer will have never seen so many international cricketers. We are hoping that everybody interested in cricket will come along to support the event - club members, members of other clubs and people from the community.'
Lashings XI is a touring team of former internationals, and tours the world playing matches that raise money through silent auctions and other fundraisers.
Cromer Cricket Club v Lashings World XI will begin at 12.15pm with lunch in a marquee at The Grove on Overstrand Road. People will be able to buy corporate seats, or tables of 10, and will have a chance to mix with the international cricketers.
The 35-overs-a-side match will begin - with Lashings batting first - at 2.30pm, with a 30-minute tea interval. There are plans to sell tickets to hundreds of spectators at the ground, but the prices of these and the corporate tickets have not yet been finalised.
? For information, call Martin Braybrook on 01263 512342 or Terry Nolan on 01263 512108.
? Cromer's title triumph - see back page.