Star Wars fans in for a television treat this Christmas
- Credit: AP
With The Last Jedi due in cinemas next month, Star Wars fans can find out about how Britain helped shape the most famous galaxy in movie history - thanks to a BBC Look East presenter.
David Whiteley is best known as the presenter of the BBC East's Inside Out, but he is also a huge Star Wars fan.
And he has produced an hour long documentary about the role of talent from these shores in the original trilogy, which will be screened this Christmas.
The Galaxy Britain Built: Droids, Darth Vader and Lightsabers, which Mr Whiteley also presents, will tell the tale of the men who created the props, sets and costumes which have entered into celluloid history - out of junk on a rock bottom budget.
The programme includes interviews, archive film and some early drawings that have never been seen on television.
You may also want to watch:
It will be screened on BBC4 at 10pm on Thursday, December 21.
Meanwhile, The Last Jedi - the follow-up to The Force Awakens - will arrive in cinemas on December 15.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises