Star Wars Day 2017: Do you remember the Norwich man who spent three years building a C-3P0 outifit?
- Credit: Archant
In celebration of Star Wars Day, we take a look back at the Norwich superfan who built an exact replica costume of the robot C-3PO.
Simon Wilkie from Norwich spent three years building a perfect copy of the iconic outfit in his spare room, and even contacted its original creators to make sure it both looked and sounded like the original.
In 2013 he won Best Costume at Europe's biggest Star Wars event.
Mr Wilkie designed the costume for 2014 mini-movie 'R2's Wish' which he made with friend James Sutherland to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and was filmed around the city.
MORE: Star Wars fanatics make Norwich-based version of the sci-fi classicC-3P0 has featured in the franchise since the original 1977 Star Wars film and was created by Anakin Skywalker, who later became Darth Vader.
The robot is fluent in over six million forms of communication and his sidekick is droid R2-D2.
You may also want to watch:
May the 4th be with you!
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns