New shop in Attleborough town centre to raise funds for Wymondham-based Star Throwers cancer charity
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norfolk charity which helps to support people with cancer is to open its second fundraising shop in the county.
Early in January 2018 Star Throwers will open the store in Attleborough town centre, in Church Street opposite the London Tavern, and is looking for generous donations of goods and volunteers to help run the shop.
The organisation's first shop was opened in Wymondham in 2012 and has provided essential funds for the charity since.
Star Throwers is now looking for the community to get behind this new venture by donating stock, specifically bric-a-brac and toys, and volunteering time to help run the shop.
Steven Ho, general manager, said: 'We are very excited to be opening our second charity shop in Attleborough in early 2018.
'Our charity shop profits are used to fund the services we provide to cancer patients and their carers at our support centre in Wymondham.
'We hope even more people will learn about the important work Star Throwers does to support people affected by cancer and will want to support us through donating their goods and time.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
Star Throwers helps support individuals affected by cancer to make informed decisions about their treatment options and offers complementary therapies, counselling, nutritional advice and lymphoedema support.
All services are offered free of charge but this is only possible due to the support of the community and the charity is hoping that the fantastic support will continue when they open their new shop.
To arrange to drop off goods or to find out more about volunteering call 01953 798426.
To find out more about how Star Throwers supports people affected by cancer, visit www.starthrowers.org.uk or call 01953 423304.