Cancer charity garden party a fundraising success
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk cancer charity held their annual Garden Party earlier this August.
More than £700 was raised by Wymondham-based charity Star Throwers and was attended by around 80 people.
The event, on August 11, had performances for all ages, with a Teddy Bear's Picnic by Pyjama Drama, singing from Bob Stannard and tricks from Magic Dave.
Victoria Pigg, marketing and fundraising manager said: 'It is great to see so many people supporting Star Throwers, we hope everyone has had a lovely day.
'A big thank you also to all our volunteers who have helped out today who make Star Throwers the warm and welcoming place it is'.
You may also want to watch:
Star Throwers will be holding an open day on Thursday, October 4 from 10am – 4pm where people can learn more about the free complementary therapies on offer and book trial sessions.
For more information visit www.starthrowers.org.uk or call 01953 423304.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk