Stand Up to Racism meeting to be held this week
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An anti-racism meeting is to be held this week in response to the 'growing racist right.'
Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Stand Up to Racism will host the meeting at Great Yarmouth Unitarian Church, on Greyfriars Way, on Wednesday, January 23.
A spokesperson for the group said: 'This meeting will declare that organised racists and the far-right are not welcome in our multicultural towns and cities.
'We oppose the racism at the heart of their message and defend the migrants, refugees and the Muslim Community they seek to scapegoat.
'The racist right is growing across Europe spreading racism, islamophobia, antisemitism and bigotry.
You may also want to watch:
'There have been violent demonstrations in their support where anti-racists and police officers were attacked.
'We will not allow them to rebuild here in Britain. We will make sure their attitudes are not welcome wherever they seek to build their hate filled movement.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Starting at 7.30pm, the meeting will welcome speakers from the Labour and Green parties, the Great Yarmouth Trades Union council, and the Great Yarmouth Mosque, among others.