Stand Up to Racism meeting to be held this week
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An anti-racism meeting is to be held this week in response to the 'growing racist right.'
Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Stand Up to Racism will host the meeting at Great Yarmouth Unitarian Church, on Greyfriars Way, on Wednesday, January 23.
A spokesperson for the group said: 'This meeting will declare that organised racists and the far-right are not welcome in our multicultural towns and cities.
'We oppose the racism at the heart of their message and defend the migrants, refugees and the Muslim Community they seek to scapegoat.
'The racist right is growing across Europe spreading racism, islamophobia, antisemitism and bigotry.
You may also want to watch:
'There have been violent demonstrations in their support where anti-racists and police officers were attacked.
'We will not allow them to rebuild here in Britain. We will make sure their attitudes are not welcome wherever they seek to build their hate filled movement.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
Starting at 7.30pm, the meeting will welcome speakers from the Labour and Green parties, the Great Yarmouth Trades Union council, and the Great Yarmouth Mosque, among others.