Stalls offer something different for shoppers in the heart of the city
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Whether it's the smell of exotic spices, or the sound of music drifting from the back row, Norwich Market is a treat for all the senses.
There are 190 stalls nestled in the shadow of city hall, and each offers something different.
As part of our Get Behind Your Market campaign, we've looked at the variety on offer and the benefits of shopping on Norwich Market.
Hot food and drink is a big part of the market, and at lunchtime you can see city workers flock to the stalls to grab a bite to eat.
From the traditional chip stalls, to the more adventurous Asian cuisine, diners are spoilt for choice.
You may also want to watch:
And as most of the food is made right in front of you, you can be sure it's the freshest it could be.
If you're not eating straight away, you can pick up supplies for later from the fishmongers, butchers and fruit and vegetable stalls.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
Or branch out and ask for advice at The Orient Express for expert tips on how to cook using ingredients from abroad.For fashionistas, the market has a range of new and nearly-new clothing stalls, offering everything from practical threads to vintage finds.
Head towards the back row of the market – just follow the music – to join in with the party atmosphere the stalls give out.
And while some stalls are fairly new, others have been established in Norwich Market for many years.
One of these is Mr Bags, an Aladdin's cave containing every kind of bag you can imagine.
For a special occasion, as well as being able to pick up a card and gift wrap, you'll find handmade gifts lovingly made by skilled crafters, or fresh flowers along the front row.
It's also a great place to get things fixed, with phone repairs, watch specialists and goldsmiths offering their services.
After all that shopping, anyone would deserve some pampering – and that's covered too with hairdressers and beauticians ready to help.
Mark Wright, of Taxi Vintage and chairman of the Norwich Market Traders Association, said: 'We've got some seriously interesting things.
'There are butchers on here with 50 years experience and the attention to detail and customer service is second to none – you don't get that online.
'We've got the freshest mushrooms you could want on the fruit and vegetable stalls and many of the traders are award-winning.'
Click here to see our map of the market, and what you can discover.
He encouraged people to visit the market and said they would be guaranteed to find a hidden gem – take a look at our map to see which stall you would like to visit – and then let us know what you think.
• You can get behind our campaign by tweeting @EveningNews with the hashtag #NorwichMarket, or visiting the Norwich Evening News Facebook page. Get in contact and tell us why you love the market and send us your photos.
• Do you have an interesting memories of the market? Email email@example.com