Stalham schoolboy feels incredible like Hulk thanks to superheroes at Round Table
- Credit: Submitted
A five-year-old boy is making an incredible recovery from illness after being struck down by a tumour.
And his family believes he has been helped by his new specially-designed wheelchair - which boast superhero Hulk wheels.
Harry Addy, from Stalham, had the tumour removed from his back at Addenbrokes Hospital in Cambridge.
However, when he was discharged he was given a wheelchair which was too heavy for his little arms and wheels too far apart, which made it difficult for him to operate.
His mum and dad, Melanie and Jim Addy, contacted Richard Magnus, a friend at North Walsham Round Table, for help to raise money for a besoke wheelchair.
You may also want to watch:
And, after they approached the neighbouring Round Table in Stalham, both made a donation to give Adam a new chair designed specifically for him.
Melanie said: 'Due to the wheelchair, the physiotherapist thinks that this has accelerated Harry's recovery.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Round Table is a social networking and charitable organisation for men in their 20s, 30s and early 40s, founded in Norwich, in 1927.
Jon Press, chairman at Stalham Round Table, said: 'We were only too happy to help a local lad who needed this essential piece of equipment.
'This bespoke wheelchair was designed for Harry's size, therefore fits him perfectly.'
'I visited Harry and his family at his grandparents home in Sutton with vice-chairman Steve Traynor and he seemed very happy with the chair - it even has the coolest Hulk wheels!'
Stalham Round Table is planning an outing to the Norfolk Polo Festival next weekend. Anyone interested in getting involved in the organisation should contact Jon on 07442 491653.