Stalham Radio team helps to improve Norwich volunteer’s home for Channel 4’s You Deserve This House
A group of volunteers from a north Norfolk business have been helping to improve the life of one of Norwich's unsung heroes as part of a television programme.
Due to appear tomorrow morning on Channel 4's You Deserve This House, the team from Stalham Radio will be racing to secretly complete a home makeover for 55-year-old Sue Eagle.
For years she volunteered her free time for the city's SOS bus to offer support to the over-stretched emergency services.
And with little time left for herself, she was secretly nominated for the show by the people she has helped.
Peter Marko, director of the electrical appliances shop, said: 'When we were contacted by the Channel 4 team and were told about all the things this person had done, we thought 'why not?'
'It was a very deserving case for a local unsung hero.'
Mr Marko contacted the shop's manufactures and managed to secure an oven and hob supplied by Hoover and a toaster and kettle from Bosch.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
The Stalham Radio team - made up of David 'diddy' Pottle, Andrew 'gingertop' Hammond, Lesley ''oover' Smith and Mr Marko - helped by delivering and installing the items.
Ms Eagle added: 'They've done a great job with the rooms. It's been such a shock.'
? The programme will be shown tomorrow (Wednesday) on Channel 4 at 11am or online at 4oD from 11am on Thursday.