Stalham cadets take to airwaves for ATC’s 75th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A team of cadets took to the airwaves to celebrate 75 years of the Air Training Corps.
Stalham 1132 Squadron members broadcast as part of an amateur radio event during September. The temporary licence was approved by Ofcom and Air Cadets HQ under the call-sign GB75ACO.
A total of 401 radio stations were contacted, with the furthest away in Maryland, USA. A link-up was also made with a 100-year-old radio enthusiast called Laure, who lives in Bath.
Squadron radio officer Terry Owen also holds his own amateur radio call-sign.
Membership of the Air Cadets is open to 12 to 17-year-olds. For more information about joining call 01692 582068.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan