Stalham cadets take to airwaves for ATC’s 75th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A team of cadets took to the airwaves to celebrate 75 years of the Air Training Corps.
Stalham 1132 Squadron members broadcast as part of an amateur radio event during September. The temporary licence was approved by Ofcom and Air Cadets HQ under the call-sign GB75ACO.
A total of 401 radio stations were contacted, with the furthest away in Maryland, USA. A link-up was also made with a 100-year-old radio enthusiast called Laure, who lives in Bath.
Squadron radio officer Terry Owen also holds his own amateur radio call-sign.
Membership of the Air Cadets is open to 12 to 17-year-olds. For more information about joining call 01692 582068.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft