Stage offer secures future of King’s Lynn’s Festival Too
The future of one of the largest free outdoor music festivals in Europe has been secured for a few more years, after kind-hearted locals offered to replace the old stage, which is past its sell-by date.
Thousands of people enjoyed King's Lynn's Festival Too, which ended at the weekend and featured acts including The Vamps, The Wonder Stuff and Gabrielle, but organisers afterwards raised fears about its future due to the cost of replacing the stage.
The stage is made up of two 15-year-old lorries plus extra materials, flooring and scaffolding, and a new one would cost about £20,000.
However, festival chairman Bridget Nurse said that, since raising concerns about the state of the stage, they had received two anonymous offers to replace it.
She said: 'I cannot believe it, but the stage is now sorted.'
You may also want to watch:
Organisers, however, were disappointed that just £2,500 was placed in £1 donation buckets at the Vamps gig, despite more than 13,000 people enjoying the concert, and volunteers taking collection buckets through the crowd.
The festival is non-profit making with all the money raised going towards paying for next year's event.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
Organisers are calling on businesses not already backing the festival to support it by downloading a sponsors' sheet from the website. And they are asking people who enjoyed the festival to give something back by visiting its crowdfunding page.
The festival has been providing free music and entertainment for people in west Norfolk for more than 30 years. It continues to be organised and run entirely by volunteers from the community.
If you can help, visit http://www.festivaltoo.co.uk/Donate or http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/festivaltoo2017
Which group or artist would you like to see headline next year's Festival Too? Email email@example.com