Staff rack up more than 100 years of service at Norwich store
- Credit: Maurice Gray
A Norwich Supermarket celebrated a big re-launch of its 'Fresh Look' community store refit, with a special bonus for three members of staff who have jointly clocked up over 100 years of service within the same store.
Morrison's, of Catton Norwich, gathered all their staff in store to meet and greet customers with live music, refreshments, food tasting, a raffle, as well as presenting gifts to all three members of staff.
Gill Hopewell and Christine Ladbroke, both with 36 years' service and Glenn Davison, 37 years' service, have worked for various companies at the site over the years, including Keymarkets, Fine Fare, Gateway, Budgens, Somerfield and now Morrison's.
Store Manager, John Salmon, said: 'I am proud to work with a great team and we regard our supermarket as a community hub, where people come in and meet friends as well as purchasing goods.
'We had a double celebration, firstly to launch our newly fitted store, which we call, 'Fresh Look', and to party our long established staff.
You may also want to watch:
'After the 'cutting of the ribbon', to re -launch the 'new look', a cake, decorated with miniature supermarket trolley and food, was distributed to staff and customers alike'.
Live music was offered by local singer and song writer Richard Sutton, who has released two singles and is also a member of staff.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Michelle Mendham, Morrison's Lead Champion, who organised the event, said, 'We had a super time and everyone enjoyed themselves'.