Staff celebrate 200 years service between them
- Credit: Archant
A hotel is celebrating more than 200 years of long service accrued by some very loyal staff.
The Imperial Hotel in North Drive, Great Yarmouth has been run independently by the same family for more than 80 years.
Now its staff's long record and loyalty is being celebrated at the hotel.
Paula Casey, the hotel manager, recently marked her 30 years in service on November 10. She started in 1986 as a waitress and after working many years on the reception she became the manager in 2003.
Duty manager Janine Dooley – who has almost a quarter of a century's worth of experience – says the list goes on.
She described retiring head housekeeper Joan Smith as an amazing lady: 'We'll be really sad to see her go.'
She adds: 'We are all getting ready for the busy Christmas period.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
The Mobbs family has owned and run the Imperial Hotel since the early 1930s.
It was originally run by the grandfather Campbell Lindsay. Then Roger and Jill Mobbs took over running the business.
Nick joined straight from university as Manager in 1984 while Roger ran the kitchens and Jill looked after front of house.
Nick and Aileen met at the Scottish Hotel School at Strathclyde University. They were married in 1987 at which stage Aileen joined the family business. Nick and Aileen have worked tirelessly to raise the standards at the Imperial, taking the hotel from a two to a four-star property.
To find out more go to: www.imperialhotel.co.uk or call: 01493 842000
The record of service goes: •
• Dean Adcock in charge of hotel maintenance – 26 years
• Jill Smith, duty manager – 23 years
• Janine Dooley, duty Manager – 22 years
• Simon Wainwright, executive Chef – 19 years
• Rebecca Lawrence, duty manager – 17 years
• Emma Harmer, chef de partie – 18 years
• Vicky Taylor, reception - 16 years
• Peter Clarke, head chef – 16 years
• Joan Smith, head housekeeper - 15 years and who is retiring on December 23, aged 80.
• James Todd, night porter – 14 years
• Paul Stacey, kitchen porter – 14 years
• Gillian Fowler, breakfast supervisor – 12 years
• Karla Carson, head receptionist – 12 years