Staff at care home celebrate World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
World Book day is not just for children to celebrate.
Staff at Thorp House nursing home in Griston, near Watton, dressed up as their favourite book characters.
This included activities coordinator Jade Smith as Alice and Kirsty Holden, home manager, as the Queen of Hearts from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Mrs Holden, manager of the home, said: 'We make every day fun here and my staff and our residents all enter into the spirit of things.'
The Kingsley Healthcare run home is busy organising a fete for Monday, May 29.
Proceeds from the fete will be split between the residents' fund, which pays for outings, and the Alzheimer's Society.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Holden added: 'It is so important for our residents to keep their connection with the community so an event like this will be brilliant.'
Anyone who is interested in running a stall at the fete or would like anymore information is asked to call 01953 881786.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base