St Thomas Church in Norwich produce parody of John Lewis Christmas advert
- Credit: Picture YouTube/STNChurch
At one Norwich church Tommy the Tiger is becoming as synonymous with Christmas as Santa Claus after appearing in yet another festive video.
The team at St Thomas on Earlham Road have used their church mascot to make a parody video of this year's John Lewis Christmas advert.
The department store's advert, which has racked up more than 20m views on YouTube, tells the story of a little girl excited to get a trampoline for Christmas. Through the night animals come and jump on the trampoline and on Christmas morning her boxer dog Buster beats her to her first bounce.
In the church version Tommy takes on the role of Buster, while members of the church congregation take a bounce on the trampoline dressed as characters from an array of this year's other festive adverts - Aldi's Kevin the carrot, Marks & Spencer's stylish Mrs Claus and Dave the devoted dad from the Sainsbury's ad.
The video took three days to film and Reverend Ian Dyble said he hopes it will remind people of the true meaning of Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
'We did it two years ago with Tommy after the advert with the two penguins in,' he said. 'We used Tommy the Tiger again this year as he is the church mascot who welcomes children and is known around the church so having him as the boxer kind of made sense.
'It is fun and enjoyable but we also want people watching it is to remember the real reason for Christmas is to celebrate Christ.'
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
The video was uploaded on Thursday and has been watched so far by nearly 2,000 times so far.