St Andrews FC receives £76,000 grant for new changing room pavilion
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A football club is to open its new changing room pavilion in Thorpe St Andrew next weekend thanks to a £76,000 grant.
The money has enabled St Andrews FC to refurbish its old and dilapidated changing facility at Thorpe Recreation Ground on Laundry Lane.
Its new pavilion features team and officials' changing rooms, a kitchen, spectator toilets and room for storage.
The team will officially open the building on Saturday, March 11 at 1pm, ahead of its first-team fixture against Wroxham FC Reserves.
It will be held in memory of the club's late president, Ian Bishop, whose wife Rita will open proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews FC, which plays Step Seven football in the Anglian Combination League, received £76,053 from the Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund, which is delivered by the Football Foundation.
Has your club received money for a project? Email email@example.com
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water