St Andrews FC receives £76,000 grant for new changing room pavilion
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A football club is to open its new changing room pavilion in Thorpe St Andrew next weekend thanks to a £76,000 grant.
The money has enabled St Andrews FC to refurbish its old and dilapidated changing facility at Thorpe Recreation Ground on Laundry Lane.
Its new pavilion features team and officials' changing rooms, a kitchen, spectator toilets and room for storage.
The team will officially open the building on Saturday, March 11 at 1pm, ahead of its first-team fixture against Wroxham FC Reserves.
It will be held in memory of the club's late president, Ian Bishop, whose wife Rita will open proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews FC, which plays Step Seven football in the Anglian Combination League, received £76,053 from the Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund, which is delivered by the Football Foundation.
Has your club received money for a project? Email email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge