Sprowston youth group members to take on three peaks challenge
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Sprowston youth group will be scaling the UK's three highest mountains to raise money for young people in the Norwich area.
Clare Lincoln, Andy Bunter and Shez Bucknole, from the Sprowston Youth Engagement Project (SYEP), are taking on the three peaks challenge on September 3.
It will see them climb Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England, and Snowdon in Wales within 24 hours.
Money raised from the event will go towards broadening SYEP's work in Sprowston and Old Catton.
The charity is aiming to deliver projects six-days-a-week to help tackle anti-social behaviour in both areas over the next three years.
You may also want to watch:
It is also developing an early intervention service aimed at building confidence and self-esteem in young people.
• To sponsor the challenge or to find out more, visit www.gofundme.com/5cwm83c
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft