Women’s Institute group celebrates over 300 years of membership between seven members
- Credit: Sprowston WI
More than 300 years of membership between seven members of the Sprowston Women's Institute (WI) has been celebrated.
A meeting was held on Wednesday, February 7 to present attainment certificates to the longest serving members.
Several of them have been president, vice president and served on the committee.
Certificates were given together with a small token of appreciation and a medal with an inscription of valued member of Sprowston W.I.
Eunice Sandle has been in the WI for 60 years, while other members, Mollie Goodyear, Rosemary Rushbrook and Jean Fisher, Olive Barrett, Phyllis Turner and Diane Vinsen have been members between 25 and 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
The WI plays a unique role in providing women with educational opportunities and the chance to build new skills, to take part in a wide variety of activities and to campaign on issues that matter to them and their communities.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 10 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?