Sprowston cyclist killed in crash is named as Sam Crisp, 21
The cyclist who died after a road accident in Sprowston last night has been named as 21-year-old Sam Crisp.
The father-of-one, of Templemere, Sprowston, died after sustaining serious head injuries in a collision with a white Vauxhall Corsa at 5.15pm on Thursday.
He was treated at the scene and taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, but later died.
Today the scene of the accident, close to Sprowston Road's junction with Mousehold Lane, had become a memorial to Mr Crisp, with flowers and tributes left to him.
Social networking sites have also been flooded with messages of condolence to the former Hewett School pupil, who had a young son.
Norfolk coroner William Armstrong yesterday opened and adjourned an inquest into Mr Crisp's death.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the collision, and anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
To pay your tribute to Mr Crisp, log in below and post your message.