Sprowston couple and dancing enthusiasts celebrate 60 years of marriage
- Credit: PAUL DUNNING
A pair of dancing enthusiasts are celebrating 60 years of marriage.
Bill and Anthea Barber, 86 and 83 respectively, from Sprowston, who married on July 27, 1957, marked the milestone at the Old Rectory Hotel in Crostwick with 40 family members.
The couple grew up in Norwich and met at the Lido dance hall on Aylsham Road.
During their engagement they enjoyed going on cycling trips from Norwich to Great Yarmouth.
Cycling and ballroom dancing continued to be a passion of the couple after they married at St Thomas' Church on Earlham Road.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barber, who grew up in Earlham, moved to Sprowston with his new wife and worked for 50 years at the former Bally shoe factory on Hall Road Norwich.
The couple have four children, eight grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Mrs Barber's brother Mark Tyrrell, who was best man at his sister's wedding, gave a speech to the 'inspirational couple' at the diamond anniversary meal.