Inquest opens into death of high school student
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a Sprowston Community Academy student who died earlier this week.
Macy Smith died aged 14 in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Monday, November 25.
An inquest opening held at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on Friday, November 29 heard how Miss Smith had suffered a hypoxic brain injury and died in hospital.
The teenager, who attended school in Sprowston and was in year 10, lived on Cladon Third Close.
Earlier this week, a letter was sent to parents, carers and guardians at the school informing them of her death and paying tribute to her.
You may also want to watch:
The letter, signed by headteacher Liz Woods, said: "Our love and thoughts are with the family at this time and the whole school community sends them our most sincere sympathy and support."
If you need to talk, the Samaritans can be contacted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on 116 123.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 9 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious