Springwatch star to judge photography competition
TV star and conservation campaigner Chris Packham has been snapped up to join the judging panel for this year's Breckland Photography Competition.
The popular BBC Springwatch and Countryfile presenter, who is a trained wildlife cameraman himself, will help pick the winners in the annual contest which celebrates rural life in the district.
'The real challenge will be to capture the spirit of the district,' said Packham. 'Breckland is a beautiful and diverse part of Norfolk but to capture its essence in a picture requires an original and creative eye backed up by a good understanding of photographic techniques.'
The competition opened in May and will close for entries on September 16.
There are four categories: Humour, People, Landscapes and Livestock, and Young Snapper for entrants 16 years old and under on the closing date.
You may also want to watch:
Lynda Turner, Breckland's executive member for localism, community and environmental awareness, said: 'I am delighted that Chris has agreed to help judge the contest this year. The standard of photographs we get in from residents is always high, so I am sure he is going to be impressed.
'We have already begun to receive entries and I am sure that having such an inspirational judge will get people even more fired up about the competition.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
The competition is open to all Breckland residents and all photographs must be submitted digitally and taken within the district.
Full details of competition rules are at www.breckland.gov.uk/content/breckland-photography-competition-2011.