Spring opening for new McDonald’s restaurant
- Credit: Mick Howes
A drive-through restaurant looks set to open in spring in a coastal town.
Groundworks are progressing at the site of a new McDonald’s restaurant in Lowestoft.
With work to develop a drive-through outlet of the fast-food restaurant chain - to be located on Mill Road in Lowestoft - starting earlier this month, McDonald's confirmed it was looking forward to "opening in the spring".
Diggers first appeared on the site of the former BP garage in Mill Road in January 2019, as demolition work got under way.
Plans to develop the new two-storey McDonald’s drive-through restaurant at the disused petrol station on land at Kirkley Rise had been approved in September 2018.
Just over a year later three Illuminated Advertisement Consent applications were given the go-ahead by East Suffolk Council.
The development will be the third McDonald's operating in the area, with other restaurants on Arbor Lane in Pakefield and London Road North in Lowestoft town centre.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?