GALLERY: Spot yourself at Holt and Sheringham’s 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
Thousands descend on north Norfolk for the first day of the North Norfolk Railway 1940s weekend.
The annual event saw north Norfolk head back in time with a special music appearance from Britains Got Talents D-Day Darlings and David Van Day, along with lots of events ranging from military vehicle parades to pigeon racing.
The weekend celebrates the wartime efforts of allied forces and the resilience shown by people who dealt with the hardships on the home front.
Jessica Levett, who's business Floral Lifestyle is currently popping up in Holt said: "The atmosphere is so lovely, walking around made we well up a little because I'd been completely taken back in time.
"Everyone is in high spirits, with music adding to the atmosphere and having the road closed this time makes such a difference.
You may also want to watch:
"I have dressed up to celebrate and we are really honing in on the fact everything is handmade by my family and I, much like things would have been lovingly handmade back then.
"Lots of people are saying how this is the best year yet."
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
Can you spot yourself in our gallery of pictures?