Sports teams will benefit from new facilities in Sprowston
- Credit: Archant
Sports teams will be able to benefit from a new changing room facility on the edge of Norwich thanks to a £105,000 grant.
The money has been used to create three new changing rooms at Sprowston Pavilion and refurbish two others already there.
It means that multiple games can now take place on the pavilion's recreation ground.
Match officials will also have their own dedicated changing room space for the first time.
Ian Moncur, chairman of Sprowston Town Council, said: 'Bringing more sports facilities to Sprowston has been a long aim of mine and, having grown up locally, I am particularly aware of the need for these additional amenities.'
The town council worked in partnership with Norfolk County FA to secure a £70,000 grant from the Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund.
It was also responsible for carrying out the refurbishment ready for the official opening later this month.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
Paul Thorogood, chief executive of the Football Foundation, said: 'This development will provide a real boost to sport in the local area.
'This project in Sprowston is the latest addition to the inventory of modern community sports sites we are developing that cater for the needs of local people who want to play sport purely for the love of it and to stay healthy.'
Veolia Environmental Trust also awarded £35,000 to the project through the Landfill Communities Fund.
People are invited to the opening of the new facilities between 11am and 2pm on February 12.
Are you seek to upgrade a community facility? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.