Sports clubs join forces to host fundraising run at mid-Norfolk parkland
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Two Dereham sports clubs have joined forces in a bid to raise funds and host the first organised running race to be held at a mid-Norfolk park.
Dereham Otters Swimming Club and Dereham Hockey Club will host a 10km, 5km and a 2.5km fun run at Sennowe Park in Guist on Sunday, September 15.
The event will see runners follow a mainly off-road run, taking in the scenes of the lake, wood and parkland.
All funds raised from the event, which organisers hope will become annual, will be split between the two clubs.
Organiser Sarah Ward, 37, who is a coach at Dereham Otters Swimming Club, said: 'The two clubs have never done anything together before but we thought why don't we come together and creat something that we can do as a yearly thing? We're hoping it will be a family event. There will be a hog roast, teas and coffees and cakes afterwards and the setting is beautiful.'
You may also want to watch:
Entry costs £10 for the 10km run and £5 for the 5km and 2.5km runs. The closing date for online entries is Sunday, September 8. To enter, go to www.entrycentral.com. People will also be able to sign up on the day.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months